Friday, September 10, 2010

My Life with Three Dogs or My Life with a Rockband of the 70's?

      We have a new addition to our family, a Golden Retriever. The name my daughter has given her is Penny Lane, yes, after her favorite Beatles song. Penny showed up after a storm one night, thinking she was just passing through I gave her a drink and a pat on the head. Well, she has moved in and now rules two Cocker Spaniels, and two humans who thinks she's all it. So the cockers are Cookie ( Gracie's Oreo Cookie ) and Tucker ( Sarah's Tucker Everlasting ). Penny and Tucker have become great friends, but Cookie has had her nose out of shape since Penny has arrived. So we have had a fight in the kitchen, a fight in the livingroom, and who knows where next. Have you ever wondered what the do all day when you aren't there? I just know if Tucker could turn the computer on, he would be e-mailing someone!
       The two cockers always slept with me, yes I'm one of those crazy dog lovers that let them sleep on the bed and sit on the sofa. Well, here is the new problem queen size bed, now three dogs, add me and guess who might be on the floor? So you say easy fix? Guilt kicks in and I can't make them sleep on the floor. So my thoughts are one big copper colored retriever will be sleeping with my( let's keep her mom ) daughter and two cockers with me. No three dog night for me folks!

2 comments:

  1. Its great you have so many dogs! I have 4 myself and there are times I perfer their company over a lot of other people I know. Dogs have the wonderful habit of being happy to see you anytime. anywhere. They don't talk back,(like a lot of people I know do) and they don't give advice where its not needed. Amen. Watch the dog guy on T.V. He actually gives some good advice on how to control your pooches. Mine pretty much do as they please. They know I'm the Alpha dog (most of the time)Besides, its good to be king!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name she chose! Growing up we always had dogs, we had horses too, but we kept them at a farm in Millstadt, because we lived in Belleville(in town). In 2001 we moved to Red Bud to a house in the country that had more property, and were able to bring the horses there. Right now my mom and stepdad have a german shepard, golden retriver, a poodle, 2 horses, and a bunch of cats.lol. I moved out of my parents house two years ago and a year ago I bought a chocolate pomeranian. I have pictures on my page! She always sleeps next to me. We tried the crate at night when she was young, but she wasn't having that. She's so spoiled! Oh well! She's my little baby!

    ReplyDelete