Monday, October 4, 2010

Move over here I come!

Well, the move took place this week-end. I would never in my wildest dreams thought I had so much stuff, I guess everyone says that. There is a fine line between collecting and hording, and not to sound judgemental but my Dear husband was a horder. I really think collecting is organized hording ( a nice way to put it ), but don't tell my sister-in law. The same blood runs though her veins as my Dear husband, she wouldn't take it well. Dear husband had some crazy thoughts about saving and buying,if it was on sale buy it ( price is right ) but now if you never use it was the price right? My dear friends, I found things still in the sack it came in, now please don't think I didn't love my Dear, I did alot but I just never understood his thoughts on shopping. Here is another thought that I never got, keep it you may need it someday. Ok, you might need it,but if you can't find it you go buy another, that's why I have doubles and sometimes triple of things. I don't know what the ansewer is and please if you have any helpful hints post them, but my new home doesn't hve the space for collecting ha! ha! so we will see what I can do without my Dear husband to blam. Peace-out, patty

3 comments:

  1. Because my dad was in the military, I've moved quite a bit. I don't think my family has been fully unpacked since I was 9! Well, since my dad retired & we moved into a more permanent house, we have been trying to become completely unpacked, which hasn’t been entirely easy. As we unpack it’s always a mixture of “Oh wow! I haven’t seen this in ages.” And “Wow, do we really need all this stuff?” It has been an adventure. Life just seems to be full of moving, whether it’s geographical moving or just moving to a new state of mind. I wish you the best with this new chapter in your life and wish you many enjoyable unpacking discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your situation. I am going through this kinda twice right now. I am still living at home but packing up for to move out with the boyfriend in our new apartment soon. Right now me and my sister share a master bedroom. The master bedroom you can hardly walk and our closet she has taken up 3/4ths of it up plus half of my dresser and her own. I have tried spending a Sat. or Sun. with her trying to get her to throw away some stuff or put some clothes in one of the red boxes placed around different towns where they ship it to different countries where the kids need it more than we do. We get rid of and she just comes home with more. My boyfriend is the same way though. I love him to death but I am pretty sure he has more clothes than any guy I have seen. Its crazy. Moving into our apartment may be hard because he can't take everything. We will have an extra bedroom but I won't let him junk it up. We don't need all this stuff but how to break this to my hun? Wish you best of luck Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its amazing how many things we put away with the intention of retrieving someday. Its hard to part with all these things although its probably in our best interest once in a while.
    My dream house would have a room with nothing but shelves(that you can reach)with all my treasures I can't seem to part with, lined up neatly so I could always find them.

    ReplyDelete